Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Happy Post Christmas

So, let's be honest, how many of you are suffering from gorged stomach syndrome? I don't know what that is. I totally made it up. But I would define it as stuffing my stomach so full I can feel it in my esophagus. I totally did that over the holidays. The good news is, I stuffed myself mainly with veggies, protein and fruit. I have not eaten one Christmas cookie, though I did enjoy baking them for my friends and family. I did eat cake at work but after it made me very ill that was the end of my sugar binge. I have managed to lose a few pounds over the month of December and I don't feel deprived of anything. I don't say all of this to rub it in anyone's face. I only want to point out that it is possible to eat right, exercise and not gain weight over the holidays.

But I have good news for those of you who weren't so fortunate. If you picked up a few pounds or simply want to change your lifestyle, it's not too late! You can quite literally start eating right and exercising right now. So stop the pity party, pick up your feet and dance!

Okay, so maybe I got a little carried away here. I found this dress at the thrift store and couldn't resist it. I know I have no place to wear it so I put it on Christmas Day and walked around the house and pretended I was a princess. Best Christmas gift to myself ever!

Also, one of my good friends came into town over the holidays and we had the good fortune(and timing) to get to work out together. We walked 4.6 miles through beautiful Ferguson, MO and caught up on each other's lives. It was one of my holiday highlights. She, like many, struggle with finding motivation to eat right and exercise. Living a healthy lifestyle is as important as you make it. If you don't make it a priority, it won't be. I know my friend will find her way and I wish her every success!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the holidays. I loved the time spent with my family. I loved reminiscing on what Christmas means to me personally...Jesus made flesh. I enjoyed my week of vacation(no work!) I will head back to work on Monday but this year there will be no January blues. I am still sticking with my dairy/gluten free diet and am battling depression no more. Today I am extremely grateful that God has set me free from my addictions. So as Phil Robertson would say, I truly am, happy happy happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment