Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Just like Forrest Gump....I was ruunnnning

I woke up tired and sore this morning. And weary. Did I mention weary? And I did my Saturday routine and then I suited up and ran out the front door. I didn't feel like it. See, I'm a failure. I keep goofing up with food. But I decided to keep moving anyway. Today is a new day.

The sun sparkled down like a fountain and my eyes blinked at its brightness. I walked up the first hill and down. I jogged a little. And then I saw it....the blue sky against the brilliant green trees. As the tree rats scattered and scampered I caught my breath. I was cold and it was exhilarating.

The shadows that had gathered under my eyes dissipated. My heart leapt. Everywhere I looked there was light. I soaked in every sun drop and every cool breeze. And I forgave myself for yesterday.

This morning was high noon in the valley of the shadow. I ran down Florissant Road praising God and singing. I waved at cars and at my neighbors. They half-heartedly waved back. "There's that crazy girl again," they thought. I'm still moving. I'm not giving up. Today is glorious. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment